what is paint?
paint is a coloured substance which is spread over a surface and dries to leave a thin decorative or protective coating.
An ideal paint should have following properties
- It should be possible to apply easily and freely.
- It should dry in reasonable time.
- It should form hard and durable surface.
- It should not be harmful to the health of workers.
- It should not be easily affected by atmosphere.
- It should possess attractive and pleasing appearance.
- It should form a thin film of uniform nature i.e., it should not crack.
- It should possess good spreading power.
- It should be cheap.
Subscribe & Watch Technical video’s related to civil engineering on our YouTube channel We Civil Engineers
Also read :- Types of paints Used in Construction