- Density of M20,M25 and M30 is to be taken as 25kn/m³.
- Similarly for higher grade of concrete and for high strength of concrete up to M60 grade of concrete the density will be 27.5 kn/m³.
- For Ultra high strength concrete like M80 & M100 the density of concrete will be in the range of 29 kn/m³.
Because the particle packing density will be very high, Void are very less & aggregate interlocking will be very superior.
- Density or unit weight of plain concrete is to be taken as 24 kn/m³
The reason behind all grade of concrete not having same unit weight is “ As the grade of the concrete increases
- Particle packing density will increase
- voids will decrease
- Aggregate interlocking will increase”