Instead of batched and mixed on the site, concrete is delivered ready for placing from central mixing plant is called ready mixed concrete.
In other words “Ready mix concrete is the concrete which is designed ,mixed in the laboratory and transported by agitating trucks (mixer trucks) to the site of work . Its is one type of controlled concrete having high work efficiency. By this process also we achieve a good quality assurance because proper batching ,mixing and designing is being done”.
- Suitable for sites located in/near congested areas.
- Very good quality control, as it is manufactured in controlled conditions.
- Suitable when small quantities at different time is required.
- Suitable for very large projects.
- SuitaSui for adverse site/climate conditions.
- Labour cost will get reduced, as we don’t need any labour for mixing of concrete
- Wastage will be less compared to insitu concrete mixing
- A high speed of construction
- Transportation cost is added.
- Chances of segregation, if proper care is not taken.
Watch Technical video’s related to civil engineering on our YouTube channel We Civil Engineers