Skip to content
USES OF SURVEYING:
- For preparing the contour map to determine the best possible route and amount of earthwork required.
- For preparing the engineering map showing engineering details like highways, railways, canals, dams, reservoirs, etc.
- Maps prepared for marking boundaries of countries, states, districts etc., avoid disputes.
- For preparing the topographical map which shows hills, rivers, forests, valleys, etc.
- For planning and estimating project works like roads, bridges, railways, airports, water supply and waste water disposal surveying is required.
- Marine and hydro-graphic survey helps in planning navigation routes and harbours.
- For preparing a military map showing different strategic points important for the defence of a country.
- Mine surveys are required for exploring mineral wealth.
- For preparing archaeological map showing the places where ancient relics may have lied.
- Astronomical survey helps in the study of movements of planets and for calculating local and standard times.