WHAT IS LEVELLING?
The art of determining relative altitudes of points on the surface of the earth of beneath the surface of earth is called LEVELLING.
For execution of Engineering Projects it is very necessary to determine elevations of different points along the alignment of proposed project.
- For planning and estimating project works like roads, bridges, railways, airports, water supply and waste water disposal surveying is required.
- Taking rail levels existing before track renewals to finalize final rail level profile including vertical curves.
- It is also useful in construction of roads, to calculate CUT & FILL in a road project, deciding slope on side for draining purpose.
- While lying of the pipeline to ensure appropriate slope of the land that will allow smooth movement of the liquid in the transit.
- For preparing the contour map to determine the best possible route and amount of earthwork required.
- For preparing the engineering map showing engineering details like highways, railways, canals, dams, reservoirs, etc.
- For preparing the topographical map which shows hills, rivers, forests, valleys, etc.topographical map.